I’ve been playing around with sweet treats as an offering for my friend’s upcoming performance this weekend, The Gratitude Project. Lost somewhere in a bowl of melted dark chocolate, I found gratitude for simple pleasures: chocolate, nuts, dried fruit (and a little cherry brandy).
Cherry Almond Chocolate Clusters
Makes about 24
8 ounces dark chocolate, cut into pieces
½ teaspoon cherry brandy or almond extract
¾ cup sliced almonds, toasted
¾ cup dried cherries
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler, stirring frequently until it is smooth and glossy. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the brandy, almonds, and cherries, saving a handful of almonds for garnishing.
- Drop heaping teaspoons of the mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet or into mini paper cups, and top immediately with a few sliced almonds.
- Cool in the refrigerator until set, about 15 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool dark place.